AIA|LA Launches 2012 Home Tours
The Los Angeles chapter of the American Institute of Architects is kicking off their yearly round of home tours with a visit on April 1 to the West L.A. community of Mar Vista. Five outstanding houses are on the docket for the 2012 inaugural trip, each one the work of a distinguished LA-based architect: Santiago Ortiz, Neil M. Denari, Richard Seltzer, Douglas V. Pierson, and the duo of Frank Escher & Ravi GuneWardena.
“Venice Vista,” as the tour is called, is the latest installment in AIA|LA’s ongoing series of programs, following close on the heels of last October’s fall tour through the quiet streets and hilly enclaves of Los Feliz. Mar Vista, which borders its famous neighbor Venice just to the west, is studded with high-quality residential projects that, as the tour’s creators put it, ”offer examples of affluence leveraged by high design.”
As proof, the tour will take visitors through the small-but-stellar Ortiz and Wheeler residence by local favorite Denari, an ultamodern, 1,000-square-foot gem clad in creamy white. The Pearson Trent Residence, from Escher GuneWardena, takes it down a notch with an subdued facade that gives way to an open interior with a continuous, kitchen-living-dining space.
share your comment
by Andrew Stone | posted on Oct 8, 2013
by Matthew Powell | posted on Oct 1, 2013
by Staff | posted on Sep 24, 2013
- Interior Design Reveals 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees by Staff | posted on September 24, 2013
- Tony Chi Brings the Chic to Andaz 5th Avenue by Nicholas Tamarin | posted on September 21, 2010
- Mathias Kiss Installs 1,000 Mirrors at Le Perle Café by Tamara Moscowitz | posted on October 9, 2013
- sahar on Michael Graves Exhibits Recent Work
- Industrial Designers on Interior Design Reveals 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees
- malak a.aburesha on 10 Questions With… Maria Vafiadas
- First Wives Club on Bentley Prince Street CEO Anthony Minite Resigns
- dwgindir.com on Edra Reveals Italian Furniture Process at DDC