Theresa Fatino Ushers in Design Surge for Scottsdale
Designer Theresa Fatino has unveiled six renovated suites at the W Scottsdale hotel in Arizona, one of several recent projects heating up the local design scene this season. California-based Fatino’s design spans a one-bedroom Wow Suite, four two-bedroom Wow Suites and an astounding 2,200-square-foot Extreme Wow corner suite with striking views of the Sonoran Desert.
Located on a private wing of the downtown hotel’s sixth floor, the suites combine a sense of modern luxury spiced up with lighting, flooring, and tile selections more common to boutique hotels. Cool blues in bedding mix with warmer references to the local desert landscape, like the varied tones of the handmade leather rug by Tozai Home and limestone tile on bathroom vanity walls. Sleeker elements count chrome bathroom fixtures by Dornbracht, rain showers, Miss K bed side lamps by Philippe Starck for Flos, and Lamp D’E desk lighting also by Philippe Starck for Flos.
“The inspiration for the VIP Suites at W Scottsdale was an oasis in the desert. Each suite immerses guests in refreshing tones, similar to the feeling of plunging into a cool pool,” says Fatino. “The result is a design and ambiance that remains true to the W brand’s modern, vibrant and stylish DNA, and infuses it with the mystical elements and extreme contrasts of the desert.”
And just a few blocks from the hotel, local architect Robert Moric has opened an inviting new showroom for Bulthaup, attached to a new retail-oriented showroom by Carl Hansen & Son—the storied manufacture’s first retail outpost in the world.
share your comment
by Andrew Stone | posted on Oct 8, 2013
by Matthew Powell | posted on Oct 1, 2013
by Staff | posted on Sep 24, 2013
- Interior Design Reveals 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees by Staff | posted on September 24, 2013
- Tony Chi Brings the Chic to Andaz 5th Avenue by Nicholas Tamarin | posted on September 21, 2010
- Mathias Kiss Installs 1,000 Mirrors at Le Perle Café by Tamara Moscowitz | posted on October 9, 2013
- sahar on Michael Graves Exhibits Recent Work
- Industrial Designers on Interior Design Reveals 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees
- malak a.aburesha on 10 Questions With… Maria Vafiadas
- First Wives Club on Bentley Prince Street CEO Anthony Minite Resigns
- dwgindir.com on Edra Reveals Italian Furniture Process at DDC