Hudson Yards Reveals Plans in Lectures, Exhibit
Last winter, Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group broke ground on New York’s Hudson Yards project. Now, in tandem with the city’s Design Week, the New York Center for Architecture hosts “Design (in) The New Heart of New York”, an exhibit unveiling new architectural and design aspects of the development. Perhaps the most exciting facet of the exhibition is the eight-week-long lecture series, including a talk on Thursday, May 16 by William Pedersen, founding design partner of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, and journalist and critic Joseph Giovannini.
“We wanted to give New Yorkers and visitors alike a chance to experience and learn about this unprecedented project in a very hands-on way,” says AIANY 2013 President Jill N. Lerner, FAIA, of the program. “Through the Speaker Series, the public will have the first direct access to and dialogue with the architects and builders behind Hudson Yards.”
Other upcoming events include conversations with Liz Diller of Diller Scofidio + Renfro; Howard Elkus, FAIA, RIBA, of Elkus Manfredi Architects; David Rockwell, AIA, of Rockwell Group; and Thomas Woltz, FASLA, of Nelson Byrd Woltz; among others. The next event on Thursday, May 30 will be a discussion about mixed-use buildings in a mixed-use site with David Childs, FAIA, Consulting Design Partner at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.
The first 5,000 visitors to the exhibit and lecture series will pocket a postcard set by paper engineer Keisuke Saka, a part of the “Make City” series of paper crafts which include the cities of New York, London and Tokyo. To RSVP for events, visit www.aiany.org.
share your comment
by Andrew Stone | posted on Oct 8, 2013
by Matthew Powell | posted on Oct 1, 2013
by Staff | posted on Sep 24, 2013
- Interior Design Reveals 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees by Staff | posted on September 24, 2013
- Frank Gehry’s Fish Lamps on View at New York’s Jewish Museum by Nicholas Tamarin | posted on August 30, 2010
- Tony Chi Brings the Chic to Andaz 5th Avenue by Nicholas Tamarin | posted on September 21, 2010
- sahar on Michael Graves Exhibits Recent Work
- Industrial Designers on Interior Design Reveals 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees
- malak a.aburesha on 10 Questions With… Maria Vafiadas
- First Wives Club on Bentley Prince Street CEO Anthony Minite Resigns
- dwgindir.com on Edra Reveals Italian Furniture Process at DDC